Our client specialises in the design, manufacture and supply of high-quality weighing and sorting machines.
We are looking to recruit a skilled and experienced Wiring and Assembly Technician to join our clients production team. This is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious and expanding company at a key point in its growth.
Working in a small and friendly team, this role may interest you if you have worked previously as a wiring or production technician in a manufacturing environment.
You will be used to working on complex electro-mechanical products and have strong attention to detail together with good communication and interpersonal skills.
The role will include assembly of electrical panels and electro-mechanical assemblies for production as well as prototype wiring work to support development activities.
You will be responsible for the quality of your own work, follow defined quality procedures and report any concerns (no matter how slight) direct to your Team Leader (TL).
- Electrical assembly of products as requested by supervisors and according to diagrams, schematics and technical drawings
- Mechanical assembly of products as requested by supervisors and according to diagrams and working from engineering drawings
- Follow a fixed process accurately: preparation, assembly, quality control, reporting, recording data etc
- Enter batch records and accurate data into production records
- Liaise with manufacturing engineering to overcome any issues / variances / concerns with the process
- Prioritise time / tasks to achieve an effective and efficient production capability
- Flexible to tackle other tasks from time to time as required
Experience and Skills
- Previous experience of working within an engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Be competent building bespoke panels on your own or as part of a team
- Have experience in loom wiring, panel build soldering and machine wiring
- Working to instructions and/or electrical drawings: you will be able to understand and read instructions, schematics or technical drawings.
- Experience in soldering and using simple hand and crimp tools
- Light mechanical assembly
- Good hand to eye co-ordination
- Ability to follow processes and interpret mechanical engineering drawings
- Good personal organisational skills.
- PAT test qualification would be an advantage
Salary and Package
Salary will be dependent on experience and what you bring to the position with a starting salary of around £19,000-£20,000. The company also offers pension and healthcare benefits.