Trusts & Foundations Coordinator
We are seeking an experienced individual with excellent communication skills on behalf of our client to undertake the role of Trusts & Foundations Coordinator.
The successful candidate will be responsible for researching, identifying and applying to trusts and foundations and other grant-making bodies with timely, well written and compelling proposals. .
• Maintain and build on our rolling programme of applications for 300+ existing Trusts – identifying relevant and timely projects best suited to each funder.
• Prospect new trusts and foundations both in the UK and overseas, conducting detailed research from public sources in order to optimise cold approaches.
• Prepare and submit detailed, relevant and compelling applications for funding from grant making trusts.
• Support the development of a stewardship programme for existing grant making trusts and their trustees and ensure the timely feedback of reports to funders.
• Work closely with the team in the UK and our operations overseas to identify relevant programmes and activities for funding, procuring the relevant information and costings and ensuring no overlap.
• Work alongside communications colleagues to optimise applications and reports for funders.
• Be responsible for the accurate and up-to-date database records of all grant-making trusts.
• Ensure the grants fundraising function complies with all current fundraising regulations and guidance (Code of Fundraising Practice, Charity Commission guidance) and GDPR.
• Compile and provide reports for the Head of Fundraising & Communications as required.
• Work with the Head of Fundraising & Communications on projected income and expenditure in line with planned activities.
• Build and develop relationships with trust representatives through written and face to face communications with support from the Head of Fundraising & Communications.
• Participate in meetings and training courses/seminars as and when required.
• Undertake other duties as may reasonably be required by the Head of Fundraising & Communications.
• Minimum three years’ demonstrable success in trust fundraising.
• Excellent written communication and numeracy skills, with the ability to compose carefully crafted and persuasive correspondence.
• Highly organised with excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage a wide range of projects, prioritise own workload and meet deadlines for reports and applications.
• Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with the ability to relate to people at all levels of seniority.
• Strong research skills and the ability to identify and capitalise on leads.
• Ability to be an advocate for the Trust by communicating its mission with authority and empathy.
• Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
• Willing and able to work occasional evening and weekends to support key work commitments.
• Graduate level qualification or equivalent experience
• Experience of writing compelling and successful fundraising proposals for trusts and foundations
• IT literate, with excellent Word and Excel skills.
• A track record of achieving funding targets, either alone or as part of a team
• Project management skills to handle tasks and deadlines efficiently and effectively
• Sound financial literacy (particularly understanding of budgeting and financial reporting processes working closely with the Finance team)
• Experience of using a CRM database, including making data selections and undertaking data analysis.
• Understanding of GDPR guidelines
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the apply button and attach your CV and supporting statement addressing the person specification.
Application deadline 2nd February 2020
Interviews will take place in Salisbury on 6th February 2020.