We are pleased to be working closely with a world leading manufacturing company based near Salisbury. Due to their continued growth, we are currently assisting them in the recruitment of 3 Team Leaders to join their busy Operations Team.
Each role will cover the shift pattern of 7.00am – 3.30pm (early); 3.00pm – 11.30pm (late) and 11.00pm – 7.30am (nights).
Responsibilities of the role
* Assist in carrying out Risk Assessments on new and existing processes. Recording findings and recommending actions to reduce hazard and/or risk.
* Carry out safety inspections on each process/procedures under their Team’s control regularly. Record all findings and take appropriate action to ensure out of line situations are corrected in a timely fashion. Issue reports based on findings.
* Carry out Audits on each building/bay under their Team’s control at least once per month. Record all findings and take appropriate action to ensure out of line situations are corrected in a timely fashion. Issue reports and actions to the Ops Management.
* Ensure all near misses, accidents and incidents are reported immediately and carry out investigations when directed by Line Management, with assistance when required.
* Schedule workloads on each work centre, dependant on resources available to meet production plan in an efficient manner, this is to include the training of operators to give an improved multi-skilled team.
* Monitor both labour and machine efficiency to ensure costs and lead-time targets are met. Take appropriate action to correct out of line performance and/or report to the Line Management.
* Manage Shift performance using visual management systems i.e. Team Boards, including monitoring of CCAR actions and their closures.
* Recommend and implement, following approval, improvements to the sections organisation, work methods and processes to achieve gains in safety, quality and productivity.
* Responsible for compliance with all company Health and Safety procedures thus ensuring the health safety and welfare of all persons in their charge and others who may be affected by their activities for which they are responsible, and to demonstrate a commitment to health and safety.
* To follow the expected behaviours as laid down in the company’s Behavioural Competence Matrix.
* Responsible for the protection of the environment under their control and any areas that may be affected by their activities in accordance with company procedures, and to demonstrate commitment to continual improvement on environmental issues
* Entering of data into various IT software systems e.g. book-ins, quality data, output numbers, time and attendance, training records, multi-skilling, scorecards and matrices etc.
* Produce basic shift reports highlighting issues and successes, where required.
* Ensure that Operator Assessment Forms are carried out on a bi-annual basis., informing HR department of any grade changes or issues raised.
* Dealing with any shortfalls in operator performance by coaching and counselling. Support the disciplinary procedure with guidance from the HR department and Line Management, including investigations where required.
* Ensure all employees are inducted and trained by appropriate means/resources to achieve competency in Safety, Quality and Productivity.
* Supporting employee queries and problems, passing these to the next level where necessary.
* To perform other duties, commensurate with the position, that may be required from time to time.
* Support Process Leaders in completion of departmental scorecards.
* Safely and efficiently execute shift production plan using available resources.
– Right to live and work in the UK, with ability to obtain SC level clearance (5 years British residency)
– GCSE or equivalent, ideally with Maths, English & Science or Business Related subject would be desirable
– Experience within a Supervisory position
– Experience of Lean Techniques
– Proficient IT Skills (MS Office)
– Detailed knowledge of Risk Assessments would be desired
– Detailed knowledge of Safety inspections procedures would be desired
– IOSH Managing Safely would be advantageous
– Basic understanding of Safety Case principles
– Experience of dealing with people issues
– Ability to wear full PPE
– Product/Process Knowledge of areas of responsibility
– Product/Process Knowledge in another area of Operations to support multi-skilling would be advantageous
– Basic understanding of Process Instructions, Risk Assessments, COSHH and Manual Handling
– Understanding of the Operations Scorecard system desirable