Senior Quality Engineer
Our client is a market leading engineering company. We are delighted to be assisting them with their recruitment for the role of Senior Quality Engineer.
Purpose of the role
To support the Quality Manager in the development and maintenance of the Business Management System. Ensuring the company’s adherence to and understanding of relevant international accreditations, primarily the ISO9001, AS9100, ISO13485 accreditations and other schemes or programs which arise through customer or market needs of the business, such as IAFT14969 or ISO14001.
To assist in the development of a Continuous Improvement culture throughout the business and to support the introduction of a customer-led quality initiatives such as Total Preventative Maintenance and Yield Analysis.
- Minimum Level 4 HNC in Electronics/Electrical Engineering – Degree level preferable
- Ideally you will hold IPC qualification in electronics engineering or equivalent
- Ideally prepared to hold a CQI or other recognised qualification in Quality Management
- Demonstrable experience in a manufacturing/engineering environment – ideally within the electronics manufacturing sector
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, data handling and data analysis
- Expertise in communication and negotiation
Primary Role & Responsibilities
- Assisting the QM in the formulation and control of a business management system.
- Supporting the QM in the communication of the requirements of the respective standards to management and all employees. Ensuring that a sound understanding of these requirements is maintained at all levels.
- Supporting the QM in the introduction of an IATF16949 accredited Quality System.
- Act as the document controller in the management and release of the Business Management System documentation into the company intranet. Ensure that the processes and procedures are optimised.
- Manage the internal audits programme, ensuring that internal audits are planned, conducted and reported.
- Work closely with the purchasing group to develop the supply chain quality activities.
- Within the development and maintenance of the system, assume responsibility for the following principle activities
- Support the Stores team through the management of Goods Inwards inspections, and to conduct critical sampling where required by ISO13485 based contracts
- Review and inspect notified components for potential counterfeiting
- The control and management of customer returns and the control of customer property for commercial and medical devices.
- Management of the internal Production Reject Note (Control of Non-conformances) systems
- Acting as Quality Liaison with the Engineering team
- Responsibility for ensuring that customer feedback is collated and reported to management
- Act as secretary for the Corrective Action Review Board
- Perform final Quality inspection of specific customer product prior to release for dispatch
- Assist senior management in identifying and containing business risks
Our client offers an excellent working environment with great opportunities for personal development. They also offer a generous benefits package and a company bonus scheme.