We are pleased to be working closely with a world leading manufacturing company based near Salisbury. Due to their continued growth, we are currently assisting them in the recruitment of a Quality Technician to join their manufacturing team. This is a full time (37.5 hours over 4.5 days), permanent role.
The function of the Quality Technician role is to support the engineering and production activities of the Quality Department. This is primarily related to Goods-in and in-process inspection, data gathering, analysis and reporting to support investigation and improvement activities.
- Carry out and keep records for the Goods-in inspection process (Mechanical).
- Support the resolution of component issues with suppliers and ensure corrective action is embedded.
- Carry out in-process inspection and test as required to support problem investigation and business improvement projects
- Review, analyse and present data in support of the above.
- Support manufacturing in resolving quality issues and their cause and to ensure process and procedures are being adhered to.
- Identify areas of concern regarding quality or non-conformance, raise NC documentation as required and ensure appropriate disposition and corrective action is implemented.
- Review the output from radiographic inspection and determine suitable product disposition.
- Responsible for compliance with all company Health and Safety procedures thus ensuring the health safety and welfare of all persons in their charge and others who may be affected by their activities for which they are responsible, and to demonstrate a commitment to health and safety. To follow the expected behaviors as laid down in the company leadership behaviors policy.
- Take responsibility for the protection of the environment under their control and any areas that may be affected by their activities in accordance with company procedures, and to demonstrate commitment to continual improvement on environmental issues.
- Develop operating procedures and documentation
- Support the proof team and proofing activities where appropriate
- Support Yellow/Green belt projects or other Continuous Improvement Projects.
- Support quality activities required through the NPP process for NPI projects
- Report quality performance statistics when and where appropriate
- Provide progress reports as and when required.
Qualifications & Experience
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to hold at least a Level 3 qualification in a Technical discipline, have been resident in the UK for 5 years and hold a full driving licence.
The ideal candidate will also have knowledge or experience of ISO 9001:2008, TS16949 or similar and have good IT skills, particularly within the Microsoft Office suite. Knowledge of 5S, Component Inspection Techniques and Zero Defect methodologies would be a definite benefit.
In return, our client offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package as well as good opportunities for personal development and progression within the group of companies.