Purchasing Assistant required to support busy department within an organisation based on the outskirts of Salisbury.
This is a temporary role covering an 8 week period initially.
Salary is negotiable for the right candidate – £10.50 +
- To support Purchasing Department in activities related to SCM of production supply.
- To manage end to end procurement steps for production and non-production components to cost, time and quality goals.
- To use MRP systems to evaluate component needs and transfer that to Purchase Orders, to issue to suppliers.
- To expedite orders with Suppliers to ensure delivery dead-lines are maintained.
- To liaise with business stakeholders to ensure the purchase service meets their needs.
- To assist Purchase team with commodity / product benchmarking and conducting market research, on-line, to seek out competitiveness and alternative sources.
- Maintaining accuracy of key data in MRP system.
Excellent communication skills, Computer literacy, Customer service skills and a capability to work within a busy team are needed for this role. Previous purchasing experience is desirable
Onsite parking offered