Procurement Officer / Purchasing Officer
An exciting opportunity to become part of an evolving company at a key time of expansion within the post of Procurement Officer/Purchasing Officer.
Key functions and scope:
To support the ops team, responsible for controlling the purchasing of goods and service whilst managing costs in a timely manner.
Reporting into the business manager with a focus on the purchasing procedure in a growing department. You will be required to source new products and improve the supply of existing products while monitoring supplier performance and stock control.
- Develop and improve the overarching procurement strategy.
- Produce reports and management information.
- Efficient stock management.
- Research and evaluate the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery and quality.
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers – both in the UK and Internationally.
- Negotiate and agree both long and short-term supply chain contracts, including the ongoing review and monitoring of quality.
- Maintain supplier contracts, ensuring up to date and easily accessible.
- Continually suggest changes to buying & stocking patterns to optimise best practice
Skills & Competencies;
- Excellent Communication
- Numerically astute
- Ability to multi-task
- Pragmatic Approach
- Interpersonal and influencing skills
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Flexible approach to tasks
- Driving licence – (due to location of the office)
- Competent with Microsoft packages
- Educated to A Level equivalent and above
- Process driven
- Previous Purchasing software experience
- Experience working in a similar engineering/manufacturing environment
- Planning & organising
- Experience of purchasing software
- CIPS Qualification
- Evidence of continuous professional development
This is a full-time permanent role with a probationary period of three months as standard. Our client boasts attractive offices with free on-site parking, a competitive benefits package including Critical illness cover and death in service. They offer 25 days holiday to staff and a company performance-based bonus to reward success.
Working hours 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Salary £26,000 -£29,000 DOE
Please note the successful applicant will be required to undergo baseline security clearance.