To support the ops team, responsible for controlling the purchasing of goods and service while managing costs in a timely manner.
With a focus on the purchasing procedure in a growing department. You will be required to source new products and improve the supply of existing products while monitoring supplier performance and stock control.
- Microsoft Excel
- A level equivalent or above
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Develop and improve the overarching procurement strategy.
- Produce reports
- Efficient stock management.
- Manage the goods in process
- Sourcing new suppliers
- Assist with the administration of Supplier Agreements
- Track and progress documents
- Oversee and manage the procurement mailbox, tracking orders, passing on invoices for payment, dealing with queries or passing onto relevant contact
- Liaise with the finance team to raise purchase orders
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers – both in the UK and Internationally.
- Manage and develop the Purchasing system including updating the Purchase Policy as required.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent Communication
- Numerically astute
- Ability to multi-task
- Pragmatic Approach
- Interpersonal and influencing skills
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Attention to detail
- Experience working in a similar engineering/manufacturing environment
- Driving licence – (due to location of the office)
- Planning & organising
- Experience of purchasing software
- CIPS Qualification
This is a full time permanent role within a growing organisation. It would provide a great opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their procurement career in a company which will offer stability, challenge and progression.
Our client boasts attractive offices with free on-site parking, a competitive benefits package including Critical illness cover and death in service. They offer 25 days holiday to staff and a company performance-based bonus to reward success.
Working hours 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday.