Work with all other departments to ensure goods and materials move through the business in a planned and organised flow, to meet production, storage, delivery and health and safety requirements and targets, minimising damage and wastage.
Operations (Logistics) Supervisor
Key responsibilities to include but not limited to:
‘Goods in’ processing, including the receipt and distribution of all goods (new and used), strip outs, collections and returns:
- for loading
- for distribution to workshops for further work
- for stock
- for temporary storage
- for collection by Project team members
To control the receipt and reallocation of items from other workshops and the movement of finished goods to loading or temporary storage areas.
Allocating storage space effectively and efficiently, ensuring items are stored and stacked safely and tidily. To ensure easy traceability of all items and their origin.
Highlighting potential stock/availability issues (understock/overstock/damage/handling issues) to supervisor.
- Safely (using correct manual handling methods and PPE)
- In the correct order
- To ensure there is no damage in transit (adequate packing and protection)
- Fulfil the loading brief (packing list) completely
- Ensure all installation kits required are complete and easily available
Packing goods ready for despatch by carriers
There may be the occasional need to attend customer’s sites to help with deliveries and installations.
Will need full driving licence. A licence to drive a 7.5T vehicle or an HGV licence would be an advantage