Our client is looking for an experienced Head Chef to join their team at a local traditional village pub located on the outskirts of Salisbury.
The Menu mainly includes English pub dishes and international Specials.
The Head Chef’s responsibilities:
· Produce the restaurant menus & recipe book
· Managing stock
· Ordering/ organising delivery of food from suppliers
· Controlling the budget in compliance with profitability requirements
· Keep accurate records in line with health and safety requirements
· Implementing & managing health and hygiene procedures
· Organising the kitchen staff duty rota
· Stock rotation and use by dates for the production of food are followed and food is produced so not to contribute to wastage. Proper food labeling
· Maintain all equipment within the catering operation through due care and diligence as instructed
· Ensure kitchen is clean at all times and after each lunch or dinner session, as well as organise general clean up on a regular basis in compliance with the cleaning schedule
· Prepares food to specifications before and during operations.
· Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
· Cooks all food to specifications in a timely manner.
· Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
· Packages all products to proper specifications. Replace all food items (raw or cooked) into the appropriate storage unit
· Performs opening, closing and side work duties
· Keeps workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
· Sets up and operates kitchen equipment.
· Performs other duties assigned.
A salary of £22,000 to £26,000 per annum, depending on experience and qualification.
Rota to include 4 days on, a total 40Hrs split shift, and 2 days off.
20 days a year paid holiday
Induction training & Regular training throughout the year.
A friendly environment to work and develop.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £22,000.00-£26,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- Kitchen management: 1 year (Required)
Flexible Working Options Available:
- Staggered hours
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place