Furniture preparation and restoration specialist
We are working with an established company providing interior design services to clients nationwide. Due to their continued growth, we have been engaged to help recruit a Furniture Preparation & Restoration specialist to join their team.
This position will suit someone who will thrive in a dynamic production environment and enjoys preparing new and restoring old furniture items. The successful candidate will be prepared to use all types of hand power tools and spray equipment. Pride in their work and keen eye for detail is essential.
- Preparing new and refurbished furniture items for final finishes.
- Stripping existing fabric and finishes from upcycled furniture.
- Preparing and applying specialist finishes and effects.
- Ensuring delicate detail and appliqué items are restored to their full potential
- Staining, waxing and lacquering to customers specification by hand, using power tools and particularly spray equipment.
- Assembling furniture ready for installation.
- Take great care of own and others health and safety.
You will ideally educated to a reasonable GCSE standard.
If you have qualifications in furniture manufacturing, restoration or woodworking this would be an advantage, particularly the use of commercial spraying equipment.
Full training will be given
Bright, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
Disciplined and thorough, with excellent attention to detail.
Able to prioritise and operate to tight deadlines
Takes pride in their work
Standard working hours will be 0800 to 1730, Monday to Friday, with mutually agreed overtime when required.