We are delighted to be working again with a busy and growing furniture restoration company on the outskirts of Salisbury. Due to their continued growth they have engaged us to recruit a Furniture Assistant to join their team.
We are looking for someone who will thrive in a dynamic production environment. You will derive satisfaction from preparing new and restoring old furniture items. The successful candidate will be prepared to use all types of hand power tools and spray equipment. Pride in your work, as well as a keen eye for detail are key skills.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities (but not limited to):
- Preparing new and refurbished furniture items for final finishes
- Preparing and applying specialist finishes and effects
- Ensuring delicate detail and appliqué items are restored to their full potential
- Staining, waxing and lacquering to customers specification by hand, using power tools
- Assembling furniture ready for installation
- Take great care of own and others health and safety
Skills and experience required:
- Ideally educated to a reasonable GCSE standard
- Qualifications in furniture manufacturing, restoration or woodworking would be an advantage, particularly the use of commercial spraying equipment
- Bright, enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Disciplined and thorough, with excellent attention to detail
- Able to prioritise and operate to tight deadlines
- Takes pride in their work
- Full training will be given
- Hours 0800 to 1730 with mutually agreed overtime when required.