We are supporting our client to hire a Chef to lead in the design, preparation and delivery of high-quality, innovative menus ensuring customer delight and that the food quality is of the highest standards. Working at a modern newly built bistro in the centre of Salisbury, with the Manager and Community Managers, you will create a warm, welcoming environment for the residents delivering the very best customer care at all times. You will also be responsible for Health & Safety, including food safety & hygiene standards.
- Take a lead on food preparation at the Bistro ensuring the highest standards of hospitality services are delivered
- Serving food to the brand standard ensuring presentation is of the highest quality
- Plan and cost daily specials, special events and hospitality requests ensuring that they achieve and maintain budgeted food costs
- Manage portion control and waste maximising efficient use of food products
- Take an active part in sales promotions and make suggestions to help increase sales.
- Ensure the kitchen and food preparation areas are clean, hygienic, and safe at all times.
- To demonstrate a can-do attitude towards individual customer requests and strive to exceed customer expectation
- To acquire a good knowledge of all products to be able to advise individual customers on their product choice
- To always look out for opportunities to develop our service through food events, tastings and customer offers
- To complete all relevant checks linked to HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point) procedures
- Weekend work is required including bank holidays, but they aim to give every other weekend off, also occasional evening service required usually twice a month.
- A standard DBS check will be required.
30 hours over 5 days including bank holidays and every other weekend. No evenings, besides twice a month but then the bistro isn’t open during the day. £14.50 per hour
40 hours over 5 days including bank holidays and every other weekend. No evenings, besides twice a month but then the bistro isn’t open during the day. £26,000.00 per annum